David Garibaldi of TOWER OF POWER
Born and raised in the San Francisco bay area, David began playing drums in elementary school at the age of ten. At age seventeen, he started his professional career, and in 1966 joined the United States Air Force where he became a member of the 724th USAF band stationed at McChord Air Force Base in Tacoma, Washington.
Upon leaving the military in 1969, he returned to the bay area and in July of 1970 joined the legendary Tower of Power. It was in this setting that David became one of the most influential drummers of his generation and became known as an innovator in funk drumming.
As a writer and performer David has worked with such artists as Patti Austin, Natalie Cole, Mickey Hart's Planet Drum, Boz Scaggs, The BBC Orchestra, Gino Vannelli, Talking Drums, The Buddy Rich Orchestra, Ray Obiedo, Wishful Thinking, and many others.
Currently, David is once again performing and recording with the Tower of Power. In 1998, after an eighteen year "break", he rejoined the group for some "unfinished business".
Amongst David's many achievements:
· Modern Drummer Magazine - readers Poll Winner "R&B/Funk" category six times. Five consecutive years from 1980-1985, and again in 2003. His name now permanently resides in that polls honor roll category for his lasting contributions to the percussive arts.
· DRUM! Magazine - Readers Poll winner - 1998 Best Percussion Video, "David Garibaldi featuring Talking Drums".
· 1982-1989 percussion faculty at the Dick Grove School of Music in Los Angeles, California.
· International clinician since 1980.
· Columnist for Modern Drummer Magazine for many years, as well as many other international drum publications.
· Drum Loop CD: “Tower of Funk Classic Funk and R&B Drum Loops”
· Three educational videos:
"Tower of Groove, Part 1"
"Tower of Groove, Part 2"
"David Garibaldi Featuring Talking Drums"
· Four drum set instruction books:
"The Funky Beat"
"TimbaFunk" (Talking Drums)
"Tiempo" (Talking Drums)
· David's first book, "Future Sounds", was rated one of the 10 greatest drum books by Modern Drummer Magazine (August 1993)
· Slagwerkkrant Magazine (The Netherlands) - Readers Poll winner 1997 Drum Book of The Year, "The Funky Beat".
Si tratta di prototipi che costituiscono la base dell'evoluzione delle batterie YAMAHA, create nei Drum Laboratory, dove YAMAHA cerca di raggiungere l'essenza delle batterie. Sviluppata con un concetto completamente nuovo, la serie PHX (nota anche come phoenix) rappresenta il massimo dell'eccellenza nel processo di creazione di prototipi. Creata in modo artigianale dai nostri tecnici esperti, si basa su 40 anni di storia ed esperienza. La serie PHX appena sviluppata dimostra la ricerca costante, da parte di YAMAHA, del massimo risultato nel potenziale delle batterie per i prossimi 40 anni.Altri colori disponibili
Working with the legendary Artist Steve Gadd, Yamaha have elevated the iconic Recording Custom Series with new design elements, producing a refined focused sound with enhanced rounded and deeper tone. All North American Birch 6 Ply shells with 30 Degree Bearing Edges are complimented by the re-designed Hi Tension Lug that is weighted to enhance lower frequencies. The result is an easy-to-use and easy-to-tune drum set that re-defines the classic signature sound. Suitable for any style of drumming in all situations.Altri colori disponibili
Tensione regolabile, registrazione dell'angolo, adattabile ai supporti tom (TH) e agli stand per tom (WS) Yamaha
Questo corto reggipiatti si attacca alle aste reggi-tom per tom doppi e ai supporti per tom, mentre i fissaggi CS si possono utilizzare per collegare i reggipiatti alle aste.